by Chef Nino from Nino's Italian Eatery
Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2007
ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ pound fresh mozzarella
5 black olives
1 basil leaf
1 tablespoon garlic oil
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1. Cut mozzarella into five even slices, about ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ-inch thick each.
2. Cut tomato in half and discard ends. Place flat on cutting board. Cut in ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ-inch slices.
3. Shingle tomato and mozzarella clockwise around plate, starting at 12 o'clock.
4. Drizzle oil over tomato and mozzarella.
5. Place roasted pepper on top of tomato.
6. Cut basil in small strips (chiffonade).
Total fat: 27g
Cholesterol: 61 mg
Sodium: 1285 mg
Potassium: 383 mg
Total carbohydrate: 10g
2 cups flour
2 cups bread crumbs
ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ cup ricotta cheese
3 ounces mozzarella cheese
9 ounces tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Romano cheese
1. Cut eggplant at both ends. Peel completely. Slice ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ-inch thick longways. Soak in salt water for two hours.
2. Drain eggplant. Dredge in flour and then dip in egg.
3. Remove from egg. Place in bread crumbs. Pound both sides.
4. Evenly distribute Ricotta cheese at bottom part of eggplant.
5. Place ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ-ounce of cheese in each piece.
6. Roll eggplant, being careful not to push too hard.
7. Top with nine ounces of tomato sauce and 1ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ ounce of mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes.