Roasted Pork Tenderloin stuffed with Mozzarella & Prosciutto
Topped with homemade Basil Pesto
by Chef Al Levinsohn
1ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ-2 pounds Pork Tenderloin, trimmed, split, butterflied, pounded to ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ-inch thickness
ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ-inch thick
2 ounces thinly-sliced Prosciutto
ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ ounce basil pesto (recipe follows)
2 teaspoons good quality olive oil
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
Pinch black pepper
2 each garlic cloves, minced
Kosher salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Trim silver skin from pork loin. Butterfly and place between two pieces of Saran wrap.
3. Pound pork with meat tenderizer to a ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ-inch thickness.
4. Spread pesto evenly over surface of pork.
5. Lay Prosciutto over top of pesto.
6. Line up mozzarella slices along long edge of pork. Roll pork into a jelly roll with seam side down.
7. Combine rosemary, garlic, black pepper, lemon and olive oil.
8. Rub pork with mixture and season with kosher salt to taste.
9. Roast in 375-degree oven for 25-35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155-160 degrees.
10. Let rest for five to 10 minutes. Slice on a slight bias to desired thickness. Transfer to a warm platter. Serve with your favorite side dish or salad.