Tuna a la Nicoise with Olive Tapenade
by Chef Al Levinsohn
Tuna a la Nicoise
1 pound sushi quality tuna
1 pound red potatoes, blanched, sliced, chilled
3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ pound fresh green beans, blanched
4 ounces olive tapenade (recipe follows)
4 ounces mustard vinaigrette (recipe follows)
Extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Chopped fresh parsley
1. Prepare vegetables, hard cooked eggs, olive tapenade and red wine dressing and store in refrigerator until needed.
2. Cut the tuna into six equal steaks approximately one inch thick. Marinate with salt, pepper and olive oil and set aside.
3. Pre-heat charcoal or gas grill.
4. Grill tuna to medium rare, approximately three minutes per side.
5. Toss vegetables with mustard vinaigrette. Divide evenly onto six serving plates.
6. Sprinkle with chopped eggs.
7. Top tuna steak with one ounce of tapenade and place over vegetables.
8. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil garnish with chopped parsley.
9. Serve immediately.