Grilled Verde Salmon with Mixed Greens & Avocado
by Chef Al Levinsohn
4 salmon steaks, 1-inch thick
2/3 cup lightly-packed flat parsley leaves
3 teaspoons drained capers
1 garlic clove, smashed
1 fresh lemon juiced
2 anchovy filets
1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste
2 avocados, large dice, room temperature
ÃÆÃÆÃâÃâÃÆÃâÃâÃâ cup sun dried tomato pesto
Mixed exotic greens such as watercress, Arugula and radicchio
1. Put parsley, capers, garlic, lemon juice, anchovies and mustard in a food processor. Pulse six to eight times to chop ingredients.
2. With machine running drizzle in olive oil to combine. You want a course puree when done so do not over-mix.
3. Season to taste with salt and freshly-ground pepper.
4. Preheat grill on high.
5. Season salmon with olive oil to coat. Salt and pepper.
6. Peel and dice avocado just before grilling salmon.
7. Grill salmon on high heat, approximately four minutes per side.
8. At time of service, toss greens in a small amount of olive oil to give them shine.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Arrange on outer-edge of platter. Sprinkle fish with avocado. Drizzle with salsa verde and sprinkle with tomato pesto.