2 cups small bread crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup butter or olive oil
2 cups vegetable broth -- or enough to moisten the bread crumbs
1/2 cup diced celery with leaves
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup diced green onion
1/4 cup chopped apple or cranberries, raisins, dates, red currants
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
3-4 medium fresh mushrooms
1. Heat frying pan, add oil or butter.
2. Add celery, onion, garlic, parsley and mushrooms and cook until fluid starts to cook out of them.
3. Add bread crumbs and stir into cooked vegetables.
4. Turn off heat.
5. Add broth to moisten the crumbs.
6. Mix in nuts and fruit.
7. Use for stuffing pork chops, Cornish game hens, or cook in small muffin tins and use as a potato or rice alternative with an entree of choice.