by The Associated Press
Friday, June 18, 2010
JUNEAU, Alaska -- A Juneau woman who showed symptoms of paralytic shellfish poisoning has died.
Bartlett Regional Hospital spokesperson Jim Strader says the woman died Thursday afternoon. She had eaten cockles harvested from Auke Bay on Monday.
KTOO in Juneau reports no additional information about the woman or her previous medical history has been released.
Department of Health and Social Services spokesman Greg Wilkinson says the state does not plan to conduct an autopsy.