ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Southcentral Alaska remains a friendly place for visitors to the region’s ski areas, which reported good conditions to satisfy skiers and snowboarders alike.
Alyeska Resort reported excellent skiing conditions Thursday, with lots of snow and the forecast offering the promise of more.
• Temperatures of 27, 26 and 25 degrees were reported at the base, middle and top of the mountain, which had 27, 35 and 66 inches of snow respectively.
• Winds were blowing to 5 mph with weather clouding up and offering hopes for more snow.
• Chairlifts were open until 5:30 p.m., with excellent grooming and amazing trails yielding lots of soft, tracked-up powder.
Hilltop Ski Area says it’s open today during normal winter hours from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Temperatures were reported at 26 degrees with partly cloudy skies and no wind.
• All runs at the ski area are currently open.
• No new snow is reported, with trails groomed.
Arctic Valley Ski Area is currently closed to skiing, but officials plan to open in early December once two feet of fresh powder have accumulated on area slopes.