ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Anchorage Fire crews had to force their way into a Midtown triplex’s room to rescue a man early Tuesday morning.
The fire happened around 1:00 a.m. at the complex off 42nd Ave. near Piper St.
Anchorage Fire officials say one of the men who lives in the residence called 911 saying there was smoke coming out of one of the rooms in the house and the man who was in that room was trapped.
“One of them got up and tried to help the other person out,” said Anchorage Fire Captain Mike Guest.
"When we pulled up, he was having a hard time breathing with smoke inhalation problems.”
One of the men remained in the hospital hours after the fire, while the other one returned home. The fire was isolated to the one room, so other residents of the triplex were allowed to return home.
Since the investigation was continuing no names had been released.